Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Language-barrier

Oh god, this afternoon/evening was hard. I was for the first time since I arrived forced to really try to communicate in french. We had this walking-tour around the shores of Saine with the Parismus-organisation (for the exchange students at Sorbonne). And man, that was hard. I was a total dissaster in the beginning, then it started to go ok, but then later, when we were sitting at a bar over a few drinks, I locked up compleately. Everyone else around me spoke so well, even Sophie were babbling really fast! But although I understood what they said and was even able to form some sentences in my head, I just didn't find the right words when I tried to speak it out loud. And when the others didn't understand me, the conversation didn't go so well and then I just ended up sitting there quiet... A real dead end...

I know that the only thing that will help is just to talk talk talk. And I hope the others will help me with that and have some patience. Otherwise this will be a very looong and quiet spring...

I by the way lost my Snufkin-pin!!! Nooo!!! How will people now notice I'm finnish?! And the cruel thing is, that I attached it to my bag only this morning! And then, a few hours later, when me and Sophie were walking around in the Louvre, I noticed it was gone!!! *cries* My little Snufkin... :( All alone in the big city of Paris...

It makes you really tired to think and talk with a foreign language the whole day. I think I'm going straight to bed now. My head feels like it's gonna expload. I'll tell you more news another time :) Good night!

No comments: