Saturday, May 30, 2009

Finnish summer in Paris

Yep! That is exactly what I had today. A finnish summer day. Except that I didn't grill any sausages...

Well, since you really don't get so much exercise here in Paris with the metro, we decided already in april with Liss that we would go and drive some bicycle in Bois de Vincennes, the biggest park in Paris. And today we finally went there! First it took us a while to find the place you could rent the bikes, but once we found it, it turned out to be by a beautiful, small lake. You were also able to rent boats and canoes, but we decided to stick to the bikes after all. And then we drove around in the park for almost two hours. But the thing is, the park isn't at all like a normal park with all the planted flowers and so on. This was more like... I don't know... Like the green areas in Finland. When we got tired of driving on the bigger roads, we for example found this cute, small path:

Can you imagine this in Paris? At least I have a hard time doing that...

It actually reminded me of Virkkala. This one, fine summerday, I think the last summer I still lived with my parents, it was warm and sunny, just like today here in Paris, and I just decided to take my bike and go somewhere. And I ended up driving around in Virkkala and around for hours. I went to several different beaches next to Lake Lohja, found wonderful paths in the forest and beautiful countryside roads with fields and small houses. It was a really nice day. It was everything summer should be. A relaxing day in the sun, far away from all the hurry in the city. Maybe a small swim in the lake. And then an ice cream with frech berries or fruits on top. Perfect. And grilling some sausages around a camp-fire in the evening while the sun is setting over the water wouldn't actually be that bad either...

And that's what today made me think about. So I guess today was pretty nice too. I mean, nothing compared to Virkkala, but still ok ;)

No comments: